Come and find us!

Thursday 11 December 2014

Research Ancillary Products: Design Activity


Using Photoshop Elements, I made a digipak using a random picture off the internet. It was difficult to make it because I had to use the picture in such a way, that it portrayed an artist and their music. I used the colour of her lips to create a synergy of red with her name. I also reduced the opacity of the picture so the text was clear and the picture had a softer filter. It is a close up of her so it was important not to put any writing on top of her face. The red was continuous through out the digipak. 

The font was simple and I manipulated the sizes of her name and the album name so it was obvious which was important. The list of songs denotes emotion, love and typical female pop songs. I used a bar code and the name of a record label because that is conventional for a digipak. The spine (middle part of the digipak where it folds) needed the album and artist name too, along with the record label.

Although it is not finished, it helped me to realise what is needed for a digipak and how difficult it really is to follow the conventions for a digipak, depending on specific genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment