Come and find us!

Thursday 22 January 2015

Evaluation Question 1

In what ways does your media products use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

We were influenced by music videos such as:


Ariana: the projection starts at 0:04 and repeated throughout the music video,


Rihanna: the projection starts at 1:00 and is also used throughout the music video.

We liked the use of the projector in both Ariana's and Rihanna's music video which we incorporated in our music video. Here we have used projection lighting after being influenced by Ariana and Rihanna.
#

We took inspiration from Little Mix's video - Word Up and included a title in our music video similarly.


In addition to our promotional music video, I have created a digipak and advertisement. The ancillary work is conventional too as I have taken inspiration from existing ancillary work. 

Jessie J inspired me to make my digipak monochrome with the red highlighted. The contrast between monochrome and red stands out. 

I have used a similar shot to this for the front of the digipak. From research I found that female pop artists nearly always feature themselves, looking glamorous, in a medium closeup. The text is mostly at the bottom, as text shouldn't cover the face which is why I have used the positioning of the text in a similar way. My ancillary products are conventional as I carried out extensive research to make sure my one would be convention to appeal to our target audience.

Overall, I have used and developed conventions of real media products in order to be conventional and recognizable to our young female target audience. Following conventions has helped my work develop into the end product it is now. As our promotional music video and ancillary products are marketing tools, we haven't challenged the conventions as the aim is to sell and advertise our products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment