Come and find us!

Tuesday 20 January 2015

Evaluation Question 3

How did you use media techologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

I have used a wide range of media technology during this project.

Firstly I have used Blogger to document all stages of research, planning and evaluation. During the research stages we looked at Andrew Goodwin and Carol Vernallis' theories on music videos so that we followed their ideas and use their ideas similarly. During the planning stages we looked at many music videos, made an Animatic  so we had a rough idea of what locations/shot types to use. I have made sure to update my blog regularly so it is easily followed and there are no gaps from research to the evaluation stages. Blogger has helped me keep all my ideas in one place, now that I'm doing my evaluation I can look back at my older posts and reflect.

I have used a range of apps and websites to help display my work to make it more interactive and interesting. Ways that I have presented my work include mind maps, presentations/slideshows, Prezi, GIFs, ThingLink, Emaze, Word it Out, Animoto. These all help to present my work in an appropriate way that also engages with the reader.

To film our music video, we used a brand new - JVC camcorder. As it was HD and amazing quality, it helped us make our music video as professional and realistic as possible. We stored the clips on memory cards which we then imported the footage onto the Macs so we could edit on Final Cut Pro. Final Cut Pro is what we used to edit our music video. We added markers onto clips, made them base tracks, added post production effects such as slow motion, jump cuts etc. It allowed us to make our music video conventional with the use of editing,

We made an Instagram and Twitter to interact with our teacher during the process by updating regularly about our filming progress and our progress after. I also used Twitter to engage with Cher Lloyd fans to see what they'd expect to see in one of her videos so this helped us shape our ideas.






The internet has been vital to this project, I have used it throughout the start of the project from researching ideas to the evaluation currently. It has been vital as we have had to analyse existing products to gain inspiration and see the conventions to use in our own work. YouTube has been important as it's a huge platform to see other pop artists and keep my work conventional to appeal to my target audience. I have used the internet to research fonts, colours and style for my ancillary work to make sure that my work is conventional to the pop genre.





No comments:

Post a Comment