Come and find us!

Monday 12 January 2015

Planning ancillary products: Final choice of photos for ancillary

I have decided on these photos to use for my ancillary products.

I will be using this photo on the advertisement. It is very similar to the front of the CD cover but more of a long shot and the angle is slightly different. I want to include another photo of Saffron on the advertisement because it allows the audience engage with her and recognise her. 

I have decided to use this shot of Saffron standing against the wall with her arms crossed on the track listing panel. This is because from my research I have found that from researching other pop artists digipaks I have found that photos that appear on the back panel tend to be long shots instead of close ups that tend to feature more on the cover or inside of digipaks. This photo will allow me to add the track listing in the space on the wall. Her bright colourful shirt stands out, making it conventional to the pop genre. It also features our key synergy; the red bandana and red lips so there is a visual link between all my products. She is looking away from the camera, which is not unusual of the pop genre.
I have decided to use this close up side shot of Saffron to feature on the front cover. Pop artists tend to have close ups on the front cover, some looking directly into the camera and some away. However as Saffron is a new artist she is looking directly into the camera so the audience can identify her easily. She is the main focus which is what others of the pop genre do too. Additionally, we also include our key synergy element which is the red bandana and red lips.

This picture will be used on the inside panels, on the left of the inside. I plan on rotating this photo so that she is facing the right instead of left. This photo shows a different angle of Saffron and her bandana. Her facial expressions are quite neutral, not giving too much away but still looks like a pop star; with her jewelry and looking attractive.


No comments:

Post a Comment