Come and find us!

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Production of ancillary work: Overview of using Photoshop in class

Digipak

I took a full colour original photo of Saffron into Photoshop.  
Firstly, I used the magnetic lasso tool to trace around the red bandana, to keep the red colour and then made the rest of the photo black and white.
I downloaded the font 'cute love' and used this as the font for the front cover of my digipak.
I added a shadow/glow onto the text to help it stand out as it can easily get washed away with the other colours.
I colour matched 'Saffron' to the bandana to keep the red visual link. I have kept it fairly simply to keep the focus on Saffron.


Furthermore, I downloaded another font for the track listing called Geosans which is simple. It contrasts to the girly font of the front cover but compliments each other as I have kept the same colour.

Advertisement
 I created my advertisement on Photoshop with similar techniques to how I did my digipak. I imported an image of Saffron and deleted the background using the magic wand tool. I added a shadow to make the image stand out.


Similarly I used the 'cute love' font to add the artist name and album name. I have kept with the same colour scheme on the digipak. I added the star rating from an image on Google. I added the CD cover on the advertisement and added a shadow so it looks more 3D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment